Colleges with the Highest Graduate Salaries in 2019 - Part II: Public Universities
While the Ivy Leagues, Stanford, MIT, UChicago, Duke and other top private schools have a reputation for reaping high returns in graduate salaries, top US public universities also have a high return on investment for their students post graduation day.
Following on from our Part 1 in this two part series - which reported the Top 5 private universities recording the highest median graduate salaries, comes the below list of public universities which see the best graduation returns (as reported recently by CNBC).
Referred to as a ‘return on investment’ or ROI, many students and parents are viewing a world class college education as exactly that - an ‘investment’ in their child’s future of top job opportunities and professional and personal fulfillment.
Here are the 5 US public universities reporting the highest returns for their students after graduation.
1. University of Washington, Seattle
Location: Seattle, Washington
Accepting approximately 7,400 undergraduate freshman per year, the University of Washington, Seattle, is the flagship school of the University of Washington school system. The UW is one of the world’s preeminent public universities and was recently ranked No. 14 in the world on the 2018 Academic Ranking of World Universities. With over 180 majors to choose from - the university and is known for its computer science and engineering programs.
- Median salary for alumni with 0-5 years of experience: $59,900
- Median salary for alumni with 10+ years of experience: $111,800
- Salary average, early and mid career: $85,850
2. University of Washington, Bothell
Location: Bothell, Washington
Also a member of the University of Washington school system, the University of Washington, Bothell, is a public university that offers roughly 55 degree programs and enrolls just 5,411 undergraduate students. It’s major schools include a school of business, educational studies, interdisciplinary arts and sciences, STEM and nursing.
- Median salary for alumni with 0-5 years of experience: $58,200
- Median salary for alumni with 10+ years of experience: $104,100
- Salary average, early and mid career: $81,150
3. Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Location: Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing young women and men for rewarding careers on land and sea! As the nation's leading co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. The Academy offers bachelor’s and master’s of science degrees in marine engineering fields, with many. MMA students choose to volunteer for military service. MMA enrols approximately 1,000 undergraduates with their median future salaries estimated as follows:
- Median salary for alumni with 0-5 years of experience: $67,200
- Median salary for alumni with 10+ years of experience: $114,600
- Salary average, early and mid career: $90,900
4. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Ranked No 1 by Forbes as the US’s best college town, Ann Arbor plays home to the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor that also ranks 21 on QS's World University rankings. The public university offers 263 degree programs, enrolls 29,026 undergraduate students and is known for its top academic reputation and strong athletics program.
- Median salary for alumni with 0-5 years of experience: $62,000
- Median salary for alumni with 10+ years of experience: $107,900
- Salary average, early and mid career: $84,950
5. Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Georgia Institute of Technology, often referred to as “Georgia Tech,” is a public research university located in Atlanta, with a world-class reputation for STEM study. The school offers technology-focused education to more than 25,000 undergraduate and graduate students across six colleges and 28 schools focusing on business, computing, design, engineering, the liberal arts and sciences.
- Median salary for alumni with 0-5 years of experience: $70,800
- Median salary for alumni with 10+ years of experience: $131,900
- Salary average, early and mid career: $101,350
Why study statistics? The top 5 universities to pursue a degree in stat according to QS World Rankings
Studying statistics can bring forth a variety of opportunities, especially for future career pathways. Discover the best universities to pursue your passion for stat and data analysis.
Top 6 veterinary schools in the world
Calling all animal lovers! Dream of one day becoming a vet and caring for cats, dogs, horses or even pigs? Students who study veterinary science can go on to be vets in a variety of sectors.